Thursday, November 05, 2009

To Frog or Not to Frog

I have this sweater.

Hooded Sweater Vest

Yes, I look a bit like a roly, poly elf in that picture.

As you can see, the body is complete. I knit the first sleeve. I knit along on the second sleeve until I got to the cap shaping. Then I realized that I had done the first sleeve incorrectly. Rather than finishing the second sleeve and then going back and fixing the first sleeve, the whole thing went into hibernation instead of having a completed sweater about a year and a half ago.

I'm finally confronting this problem. I love the color of the yarn. It's KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Forest Heather. I could do the simple steps listed above and have a sweater. I could. The problem is, I'm not in love with the pattern anymore.

I think I'm going to frog it and wash the yarn and re-use it for a different sweater. I think it's time to say good bye to my first sweater that never was.

1 comment:

yarnpiggy said...

I think that's a good call. If you aren't excited about the pattern, knitting it will just be a chore. :-)

Powered By Blogger