Tuesday, November 17, 2009

From Anarchy to Civil Rights Lovefest

NationStates is an online game in which you can build your own country and decide all of the policies for it. I used to have a nation on there a long time ago which I pretty much voted my conscience when it came to policy and attempted to be reasonable.

This time around, I have The Commonwealth of NoNeinNyet, in which I have been choosing the option that sounds like it will lead to the least regulation. Sometimes, choosing one policy over the other will have unexpected consequences. The greatest example I've seen of this so far is that by allowing bicyclists to ride where they choose, I ended up banning cars. It's things like that that lead from being classified as an Anarchy to becoming a Civil Rights Lovefest. I've basically created a nation full of slacker pot head libertarians.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger