Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Browncoats FTW!

On recommendation from Liz, I started to listen to The Knitmore Girls Podcast. It features the mother-daughter team of Jasmin, the daughter, and Gigi, the mother. They have a great report with one another and I was enjoying it quite a bit. Then, as it went along, Jasmin talked about going to a Firefly convention. Being a Joss fan is an easy way to worm your way into my heart.

In Firefly-adjacent news, I watched the premier of V tonight. If you've seen the commercials or the episode, Alien Face in the Sky lady is played by Morena Baccarin, who played Inara George. I didn't completely recognize her with significantly shorter hair. Also, Alan Tudyk. Wash! Casting sure knew how to attract the geeks.

I'm still enjoying the earlier start to the day now that Daylight Savings Time has ended. In a few weeks when it's dark in the mornings, too, I might not feel so cheerful about it though.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I had a hard time placing Inara as well, Wash was easy. Geek flag waving high while V premiered last night.

Emily said...

I know! I'm a little jealous at how good she looks with both Inara's long hair and that awesome short pixie cut. And I almost skipped watching it, too.

Powered By Blogger