Friday, November 27, 2009

I Braved Black Friday

I went shopping on Black Friday. OK, we didn't even leave Litchfield for the Albertville Outlet Mall until 9 this morning and all I bought was a long-sleeved red t-shirt from Old Navy but I did survive. My sister, mom and I went with two of my aunts and a cousin who had already hit a bunch of the usual suspects earlier this morning. Shopping-wise, it may have been a waste of time for us but we did have a good time together. Also, because the drive to the outlet mall isn't that short and we also went to St. Cloud after we were done there, I got a decent amount of knitting done today.

RPM Number 1

I'm continuing to knit from stash with KnitPicks Sock Memories, a yarn that was discontinued a few years back. The pattern is RPM by Aija Goto from Knitty Summer 2006. I cast it on Tuesday night after finishing the knitting on the Vine Yoke Cardigan. I'm already past the ribbing on the second sock. They're on US Size 1.5 needles so they're a relatively fast knit as far as socks go.

Tomorrow, I think I agreed to do more shopping, this time with my mom and grandma to Jo-Ann's for pillow forms. I end up being so much more of a "girl" when I'm home. I even end up wearing make-up on a semi-regular basis. It's like I become a curious study in traditional gender roles.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger