Friday, May 02, 2008

"Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones

Today is a rainy day in the Twin Cities and I love it. It sounds horribly corny when I try to describe why I like the rain. I'm not exactly the world's most sunshiny happy person but it makes me light up. I like rain when it's soft and rhythmic but I also adore a blasting thunderstorm (which we had last night).

My morning drive was to the Oldies station this morning even though I finally got my iPod out from my recliner. My iPod had fallen into the arm of my recliner and I finally heard it in there by tipping the chair upside down and back up again (thanks Sarah for telling me to do that last night). I couldn't get my fingers into where it was so I pulled a few staples out of the fabric at the bottom of the arm and got it out. I now need to ask my dad if I can borrow his staple gun the next time I go home.

So, I was listening to KOOL 108 this morning and Paint it Black came on. The link goes to a 30 second clip of the album version and this video is from a concert in Belgium last year.



It seems like such a perfect rainy day song and was probably the best part of my day so far. Work is a tense atmosphere lately the way it is and very few people are put in a good mood by a rainy day. I don't know if I have much more to stay. I've always been more of a Beatles girl than a Stones fan. I have an aunt and uncle that still go to see them every time they come to the Cities but mother instilled in me a love of the Beatles and Broadway musicals and that love has stayed firm.

While looking for this on YouTube, I also found The Animals performing it at the Monterey Pop festival.



The sound quality isn't the greatest but watching the violinist is pretty amazing.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger