Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"Good Old-Fashioned Loverboy" by Jason Mraz

Yes, it's a cover. A cover by Jason Mraz. Bear with me, here. I've been on a bit of a Queen kick lately as it is and one of my favorite podcasts is Coverville. I've been catching up with it as of late and this was on an all-request episode from a couple of weeks ago. It's from a 2005 tribute album called Killer Queen. I still prefer Freddie Mercury and I think it helped that I didn't know that it was Jason Mraz until after the song was over. It's a little toned down but this isn't exactly the headbanger that Bohemian Rhapsody can be anyways.

All I could find of the Jason Mraz version were videos people made themselves and those scare me sometimes, so you get this version of Queen performing it on Top of the Pops.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger