Friday, May 09, 2008

"Milkshake" by Kelis

I would like to blame Sarah for what I've inflicted upon you today.



This song came up at knitting last night and we were the only ones that remembered it. I think everyone else might be the smart ones in this situation.

I know too much about this song. My junior year we kept a radio in the bathroom in my dorm and that was when this song was still played on the radio quite a bit. I do some of my best thinking in the bathroom but that is not always the case. I figured out once and for all that the "ding" sound that seems to occur randomly throughout the song actually occurs alternately on every twelfth and twentieth beat.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, ding.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, ding.

I don't know what I'm more embarrassed to have shared with you, my knowledge of "Milkshake" or my bathroom habits.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger