Saturday, May 03, 2008

"I Touch Myself" by Divinyls

Today's song is brought to you by the two gay guys that sang it during karaoke at the bar I was at last night.



Songs about masturbation are always pure class. Say what you will about this song, it did spawn a classic Buffy line.
It was terrible. I moped over you for months, sitting in my room, listening to that Divinyls song "I Touch Myself"...of course, I had no idea what it was about.
And it's sentiment like that that make this song awesome. I love when people sing songs having no idea what they're singing about. Clearly the guys last night knew what was going on but this is not always the case. Arrested Development picked up on this perfectly by having an uncle and his teenage neice sing what, in their heads, was a cheery, happy song together. Once they started singing, they soon realized that "Afternoon Delight" was not an appropriate choice.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger