Monday, May 19, 2008

"Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan

I know, he's hardly the world's greatest singer and listening to him can be quite painful, but you have to give Bob Dylan his due.



Yes, I chose the infamous night he went electric.

He's a great songwriter and since he's Duluth born and Hibbing bred, he's pretty much one of my people. Trust me, the people of the Iron Range are quite proud of Bobby Zimmerman even if he doesn't really lay much claim to the state of Minnesota anymore.

No matter what you say about his vocal talents or drug use, the man is a genius songwriter. The Hendrix version of "All Along the Watchtower" is a classic. I'll be the first to admit that when I think of "Knocking on Heaven's Door," it's totally the voice of Axl Rose singing in my head. I could have done without Jason Castro's performance of "Mr. Tambourine Man" on American Idol, though.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger