Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pure and Utter Madness

This weekend was spent knitting like a mad woman. Cast on for the first round of Sock Madness Thursday night and finished Sunday morning. Two and a half days! The crazy open afterthought heel was pretty fun, especially grafting 63 stitches at the end. I like the Kitchener stitch. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.

The yarn is Malabrigo Sock in Abril and I used US1.5 needles. I know that part of the reason this went so quickly is that the leg is a little shorter than I usually would make it. The heel also made it quicker as there were far fewer gusset decreases than you normally would have when using a heel flap.

After the marathon sock knitting, I went back to the pigs. I now actually have seven done (one has been sent off to my mom already) and I have two more bodies done. I'm going to go buy another skein of the light pink yarn tonight and I'd like to get the rest of the bodies done either tonight or tomorrow night. Then it's all down to the itty, bitty parts and sewing them on.

Whatever my next project is, I think I need it to be something decidedly less girly. All this pink and purple is messing with me. Black or charcoal gray sweater, perhaps.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger