Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yes, I am Still Alive

I've been working crazy overtime shifts some more. I didn't think that I was going to be able to go to knitting this Thursday but my Midnight to 6 Friday morning shift got canceled so I can go knit and drink coffee instead of going to bed by 5 like I have to tonight. Fourteen to fifteen hour days are kind of killer. Fortunately, next week is supposed to be the end of the overtime for awhile.

Last night, I finally got back to work on the first sleeve for Rogue. I got all of the cable chart done on it and am now knitting straight stockinette with occasional increases. I might actually manage to finish the whole thing within the next week or so; however, I seem to go in big bursts of activity followed by long breaks of distraction/overtime/Sock Madness, so don't be surprised if I don't finish this sweater until it's highly inappropriate to wear like in June or July.

Speaking of Sock Madness, looks like the first round only ended up weeding out people that signed up and then didn't participate at all so it was kind of a practice round in speed knitting. The next pattern isn't set to be released until April 1 so it should only minimally interfere with the end of overtime. Yes, the pattern is being released on April Fools' Day, which makes me feel like the participants are going to be messed with in some way.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We need an update... how's Sock Madness going?

Powered By Blogger