Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sweater Progress and Sock Madness

I had a moment of insanity and signed up for Sock Madness. I don't think I'll get past the first round because quite a few people already have finished pairs and I have this:

Zombie Progress

The rules are that you have to knit it exactly to pattern. No switching a top down sock to a toe up or vice versa. You must use the heel in the pattern. It's an eye of partridge heel which I've done before but it's got a garter stitch edge instead of slipped stitches. I had to fight the urge to slip the first stitch of each row of the heel flap really hard but in the end I got it.

Zombie Heel

In Rogue news, the "sweater vest" has now progressed to "hooded sweater vest." I could be knitting sleeves right now but instead I am in a sock knitting race.

Hooded Sweater Vest

Note how the profile view accentuates my roly-polyness.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger