Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Surprising Thing You Learn About Your Partner #572

Liam hates the word snark.

He despises it. It's not even one of those things that a person doesn't like and you can just keep doing that thing to him 10 times in a row and he'll be mildly annoyed. He cannot stand the word snark.

This is odd to me. One of my favorite websites ever is Television Without Pity and their mission is pretty much to snark. It's a word I don't think twice about using and yet Liam can't stand it. I don't think he's against the act of snarking (not an actual verb, I know), just the use of the word. It could be that it's overused and many people that describe themselves as "snarky" think they are far more clever than they actually are. It could just be how the word sounds. He doesn't know why the word bothers him to such a high degree so I'm just going to respect that.

Now excuse me, I have to go try and remove a word from my vocabulary. Scary.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger