Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Knitting Podcasts

Lately at work, I've been listening to a lot of podcasts. I've got some music related ones, mainly from The Current and NPR. I've got a quite a few from news sources, including NPR, but also the New York Times and Slate. For fluff, I've got a few official and fan podcasts from television shows I watch. In addition to all of these, I have a lot of knitting podcasts.

The more I listen to these podcasts, the more I wish that the Yarn Harlot was a podcaster. I do understand why. I've certainly heard a few podcasters that should have tested out their recording setup before putting their podcast out there. Still, her delivery seems to make her wit even more hilarious. At least there are going to be audiobooks.

Two of the knitting podcasts I've enjoyed the most are Cast-On and Stash and Burn. Cast-On with Brenda Dayne is amazing. She puts a lot of thought into planning an episode and has a clear, smooth speaking voice. She's very descriptive about various things she's knit, different yarns she's encountered, and other subjects in the knitting world. Stash and Burn is two San Francisco knitters, Jenny and Nicole, trying to destash in 2007. While I haven't acquired too much of a stash myself, they are still enjoyable to listen to. They are two friends that have lively conversations about knitting projects gone wrong and a lot of ideas for how to lower your stash. If nothing else, podcasts help a tedious day move along when I've gotten sick of my music collection.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger