Wednesday, January 09, 2008

First Finished Projects of '08

This week I finished some socks out of Duet Sock Yarn that I received in the SP11 exchange. It was my first attempt at a short row heel and it didn't go half bad. I'll probably continue to do a heel flap and turn the heel most of the time, but it's good to have a new skill. I like socks with contrasting heels and toes so I'll at least use it for that style in the

I also made a pair of Saartje's Bootees (opens pdf) for my manager's baby that's supposed to be born on Monday. I was stupid when I bought the buttons and only bought enough for one bootee (two per bootee) but I wanted to get them done before the baby was born so I changed the pattern a bit. I have no idea if it'll work. Right now I'm just hoping that the baby actually is a girl like she's supposed to be.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They are both adorable! Loverly color!

Powered By Blogger