Saturday, January 20, 2007

Red Scarf Project

I finished knitting my scarf for the Red Scarf Project here. It's an annual project organized by the Orphan Foundation of America. You can find out more about it here (Warning: link opens a .pdf file).

I made the scarf from Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in deep red. It's 85% acrylic, 15% wool and I found it pretty easy to work with. I got the pattern from the free patterns on Lion Brand's site. My only complaint was it was one of those dreaded skeins with two ends knotted together.



Right towards the end of a row and not long after I had started the second skein, I came upon that blasted knot. I generally like Patons, but that made me a little sad.

Overall, I think the scarf turned out OK. It's currently pinned out on my floor in my itty bitty apartment to block. I'll weave in the ends once it's dry and send it in next week with some added gift of some sort.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger